As a junior data scientist you will make your hands really dirty on data, but you will be involved in product design, client meetings, brainstorm sessions, technical discussions and strategy outlines as well. You will be part of the data science team and work on challenging analytical use cases within the field of supply chain, manufacturing and maintenance & reliability.
What we expect from you?
- You will be given the opportunity to enhance your analytical skills and learn how to apply machine learning techniques to solve real life practical use cases
- You will work on both client and internal R&D and product development tracks in close collaboration with the data science team
- You take pride in writing efficient code
- You have a Get Things Done attitude
- You are very curious, eager to learn new stuff and not afraid to take initiative
- You can understand business problems and see how that translates in building a solution with data and technology
What we are looking for?
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Applied Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Economics with a quantitative specialization
- You are a strong conceptual thinker with an analytical mindset. However, we expect to see some right brain cells as well
- You have strong programming skills in Python
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You work autonomously, take up responsibility and ownership and you can finish things
- An engineering background or a proven track record in operations (supply chain, manufacturing, maintenance & reliability) is a plus
What we offer.
We offer you flexibility and the possibility to balance your work and private life. You will be part of a highly skilled team with a no-nonsense attitude, having fun while doing the job. You will be given the opportunity to grow into a more senior role. You will receive a competitive salary package including benefits (company car, fuel card, mobile phone budget, lunch vouchers …), different career and training opportunities. The role is based in our office near Antwerp.